Sunday, September 7, 2008

Did you know you have a roll back here?

Uh yeah. I did. That's why it took 3 days of agonized scratching on door jambs before I asked you to rub some lotion on my (badly sunburned) back. I'll be 47 in a few weeks. I've put on a few pounds (how much is a stone? I think I'll start counting them - maybe I've only put on a couple...) in the last few years. I am sad to report that I weigh around 35 pounds more than after I lost the "baby" weight associated with the Pumpkin.

Could 200 be the new 150? Do I here 135? Yikes. I am NOT saying that I weigh in excess of 200 pounds. I don't own a scale.

At any rate, I'm not at all certain that "Did you know you have a roll back here?" is acceptable marital communication. I suspect it is on the same page as "Is everything okay, because I've noticed you've put on a lot of weight lately?" Sadly, yes, that is an actual recent quote from the clearly misnamed PC. Just my little cross to bear. Grrr.

I thought I'd need some momentuous occasion to blog again after so long but I was wrong. I just needed to vent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband once told me that "from the waist up, you are thinner than you have ever been." NICE.

liberal army wife said...

now that kind of remark usually leads to one person sleeping on the futon... After 31 years of marriage, I think he's finally learning (of course, he's not exactly the skinny guy I remember from high school either!)

LAW