Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall Fun

Fall has, at least temporarily, arrived in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It is a brisk 52 degrees right now and the high Saturday was around 70. Yumm. I love fall here. The Pumpkin and I celebrated the season change with LawyerMama and her progeny. PC doesn't participate in seasonal activities, and LM's T was working. So, my brilliant (it worked out okay - so I can still refer to it as brilliant) idea was to go to the local garden center with our boys and build LIFESIZE scarecrows. All the money ($20 each) benefited the local children's hospital. Win/win right? Well actually yes. I think all the kids had a good time. LM's Hollis is the best behaved three year old I know and he participated carefully; her Little H - not so much. He ended up strapped into the stroller and we still had a perfect stranger point out to us that he was eating a pumpkin/gourd. Hey, it wasn't a rock. The Pumpkin ran amuk in Pumpkin fashion. He removed/rearragned several seasonal displays of gourds (Little H was permitted to help until he tried to leave the premises); found "the back" where all the old lattices leaned precariously against the wall and tried to climb them; handed me the tons of hay we need to stuff our scarecrow and participated marginally in the choosing of the appropriate scarecrow clothing. He also found the glue bottle and so our scarecrow is decked out with an alarming array of fuzzy green round things. Still our scarecrow is outside scaring nothing, except apparently me when he catches the corner of my eye, and our dogs. And disgracing PC who doesn't think he suits the meticulous front yard that PC cultivates.
We also took all three kids to their first movie, Ratatouille. Caleb didn't make it through the last ten minutes but they were generally well behaved and a good time was had by all. We cheated, we took them to Cinema Cafe so they were served Pizza, French Fries, and Sprite, at a table while watching the move. All the kids were young enough to get in free so it only cost $1.50 each for me and LM.

So for all this cute fun you might wonder why there are no photos. Because LM and I both forgot our cameras - oops. Still here is one of the Pumpkin with his pumpkins and one with his scarecrow.



2 comments:

Lawyer Mama said...

That was fun. I can't wait to do the movie again. You forgot to mention the BEER, which was one of the best parts.

Amber said...

Would have loved to have been there with you.... even though my 3 year old is the least well-behaved you know...